Sunday, August 22, 2010

I'm a SLACKER!

Yes, I am a slacker. I haven't updated this blog since March. Life just gets too busy and putting off updating the blog gets easier and easier. So here I am ready to update you on life since March.

April
I turned 25! I was off-track on my birthday so I spent it shopping with my mom and then Britton and I went out to eat that night. Nothing too exciting. Birthdays just aren't as fun when you are old.

Britton and I celebrated our 3rd Anniversary. We didn't do anything fancy because I was back on track teaching and Britton was in the middle of finals. We just went to Olive Garden and then rented a movie.

May
My Grandpa VanderStek passed away on May 6th. He fell two weeks before that and was in the hospital and had to have a hip replacement. He was 87 years old and his body just couldn't recover from the surgery. My mom, dad, sister, two brothers and I went out to the funeral in Arkansas. It was a sad time, but also a joyous time because we hadn't seen most of our cousins for over 4 years (and some even longer than that). We had a great time getting together to reminisce about the good times we had with grandpa. I know families are eternal and I will see my grandpa again someday.

June
Britton turned the big 25!

I finished my 3rd year teaching school! I love my job and can't believe that I had taught for 3 years. It goes by way too fast.

My family went on a trip to Arkansas, Branson, and Nauvoo. We had already planned our trip out to Arkansas before we knew my grandpa was going to pass away. Britton was very sad that he could not meet my grandpa. My grandpa had been a pilot and Britton wanted to talk to him about flying and hear about all of his stories. Britton was able to talk to a lot of my aunts and uncles about my grandpa and his flying days. It was fun to hear all those stories. I will be posting more about this trip later...and LOTS of pics!

July
We celebrated the 4th and 24th of July with friends and family.

Britton and I wrote the song for Trek this year. The theme was "All For the Kingdom of God."

Started my 4th year of teaching. I teach at a year-round school (Jordan Ridge - the school I went to when I was little). Met my new class and am loving teaching! I can't believe I am starting my 5th week of school tomorrow!

August
Britton went on the High Adventure with the priests. They went to Jackson Hole and he absolutely loved it!

We had a family "camp-out" in my parents backyard. It is just easier to camp that way with little kids.


Well I hope you enjoyed the update. I will be posting more about some of the things you read up above. I will be better about posting...I PROMISE!

No comments: