Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July!

Yesterday morning Britton wanted to take me up in an airplane to see him fly. Of course, I was super scared, but I also trust Britton and I wanted to support him in his flying. So I decided to go up with him. It was actually so fun! It was really cool to see the Salt Lake Valley from above. Britton did an awesome job up there. I have to say that I got way nervous before we landed. I always get nervous before the landings even on big airplanes. So I was holding on for dear life with one hand and video taping Britton's landing with the other hand. The landing was awesome! I have never felt anything so smooth. I was very impressed! I am so proud of Britton and how hard he is working on becoming a pilot.

The Olympic Oval
South Towne Mall
Rio Tinto Stadium
Britton's cute head!
Jordan River Temple
Oquirrh Mountain Temple

Later that night, we went over to my parents house to have a bbq and watch fireworks. We had so much fun. We had a very yummy dinner and then all of us cousins played a very competitive game of soccer. It was boys against girls and of course the girls got smoked. But oh well, we were just playing for fun. Then we roasted some marshmallows and watched fireworks. It was a great 4th of July!
Me and Mandy getting ready for some yummy dinner!
Britton :)
Cute baby Daxton!
Mandy, Derek and Braedon

Tyler and Drew roasting their marshmallows!
Tyler and his mom Lori
Lori got everyone these cool glow in the dark bracelets and necklaces.
Goldie had to join in the fun! Do you like her bracelet around her collar?
Here is Braedon showing off his cool bracelet and necklace!

Tyler eating his s'more
Blake and his friend Audrey
Look at those awesome fireworks!

8 comments:

Tamara said...

I didn't know he was training to become a pilot!! I don't know if I'd trust my husband that much :)!! I am really going to miss you next year. YOu are so fun to work with! But...I do have to say that I got the better end of the deal with you being John Paul's teacher!

Jenny said...

I'm jealous! I havent been flying with Eric in a long time! I am glad that you didnt get too scared. Eric still doesnt have enough hours to fly for anyone, he is working on getting his CFI (certified flight instructor) so he can teach and build more hours. Its a long road to be a pilot!

Julie said...

Cool pictures from the plane! Looks like a fun 4th too!

Krystal said...

That is so cool that britton can fly solo now. What an accomplishment. Sounds like you are having a great summer.

Lamb Fam said...

I just found your blog and it is darling! So cool that Britton is going to be a pilot. And props to you for being such a supportive wife. I don't know if I could have done that. Looks like you had a great 4th!

AmberlyGreen said...

Hey! Cute Blog, so fun to see you too! I didn't know your husband was doing Aviation...that is so cool! We should hang out some time. We think you guys are so great! (and talented)

Bryce and Jamie said...

Britton is going to be a great pilot! I wish all plane landings were that smooth!!

ashleyandcody said...

That is so cool that he is training to become a pilot! Looks like you guys had a fun day!