Thursday, July 2, 2009

Today was a good day!!!

Today was great! It was the last day of school. I have mixed emotions about this. I loved my class this year. I had some really good kids. Of course I love when school is over so I get a break, but then I also have to loose my really cute class. I will really miss them. Good thing I am teaching 3rd grade next year so I will still get to see them!

The other great thing about today was that Britton got to fly solo for the first time! About 3 weeks ago his instructor told him that he was ready to solo. He was so excited! Well, the weather has not be very cooperative lately. So he has been waiting and waiting to fly solo. So today when he left to fly, I asked him if he thought today was the day. He said yes, but then he has said that on other days so I didn't really think of it. Then...I got the text message at school that he did it! I am so proud of him!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Cool, I didnt know Britton was learning to be a pilot! Eric has his commercial and is working on getting his CFI so he can teach. Where is Britton taking courses?

Chuck and Becky said...

The last day of school is always bitter sweet. I bet you are excited for the break though. Chuck starts teaching in August. That is exciting about Britton.

Anonymous said...

That is super cool! Jack will be so jealous, he always wanted to fly. You're moving to third grade? I love third grade, and I'm sure you'll have another great class!