Saturday, July 25, 2009

Family Camp-Out!

We decided to have a family camp-out for the 24th of July. We decided since we have little kids in the family that it would be best to have it in my parents backyard. It was so fun and relaxing. We set up the tents and then we set off homemade rockets. My brother-in-law made a homemade rocket launcher the other day, so we all decided to make rockets instead of do fireworks.

Derek and Britton getting ready for the 1st launch

Braedon showing off his homemade rocket!
Tyler and Mandy showing off their homemade rockets!
Don't worry...Britton got on the roof and got his rocket down!

After launching a few rockets and having them land hard onto the ground and breaking, we decided to get out the parachute and catch them. Derek and the kids weren't fast enough to catch them. It was worth trying though!
Mom and Daxton enjoying the rockets. Every time we launched a rocket Daxton would laugh so hard. He loved it!
The Three Stooges (aka...Derek, Blake, and Britton)

After launching the rockets, we had a yummy KFC dinner. Then we had some more fun! We got out the silly string and started to attack! Some of the little kids got in the way of us adults, but they loved it!
It's War!
I'm pretty sure I won! Sorry hun!
Daxton was in the middle of it all. He is such an easy going baby that he could care less if he got silly string on him. He is so cute!
We ended of the night with my dad's and nephew Drew's birthday party! Happy Birthday you two handsome guys! Then we cleaned everything up and got in our tents to sleep. And then...it started raining! It was a crazy night. There was on and off rain the whole night. We didn't really care, but Britton did tell me that we have a leak in our tent and it was right over his head. I'm sorry honey. He didn't have a good nights sleep! Overall, it was a great 24th of July!

2 comments:

Cami Jo said...

That reminds me of sleeping out at my Grandma's on the 24th of July many years ago! Looks like you had a blast! James made fun of me the other day for buying silly string, but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one left with a sense of fun still! You look great Aub! Talk to ya later!

Tamara said...

Hey, I figured it out. You have to click on the name of the video on the left side not the one on the right side. I can show you tomorrow. I don't know why I didn't think of it in the first place. I ordered you two videos for Friday.