Friday, July 31, 2009

Girls Camp!

Britton went to Girls Camp this week! Let me explain....
Britton and I were called by the Stake Presidency to be the Stake Girls Camp Music Coordinators. What a perfect calling! We were asked to write a theme song for camp. Their theme this year was "I Can." Britton sat down the night we were called and came up with most of the lyrics. We added the guitar and a melody and it turned out great. We have tried to write a few songs together before and we get half way through and tend to get stuck. This song came so easily and we know that our Heavenly Father was helping us and giving us inspiration.

Britton was also asked to learn some hymns and camp songs on his guitar so they could sing other songs at camp. We were both really excited to go until I switched tracks. I was teaching D track, but then I got moved up to 3rd grade and A track. My first week of teaching school was this week and so was Girls Camp. So I told Britton that he was going to have to go by himself. He was a little hesitant at first, but then he warmed up to the idea and decided it would be fine.

We went around to each ward to teach the girls the song before Girls Camp so Britton wouldn't have to try and teach them the song up there. It was really fun to hear each ward sing the song that we wrote. I had Britton video tape the song while he was up there so I could hear it with the whole stake singing it. Here it is...

After he filmed the song, Britton had all the girls say thank you to me. It was so sweet. I got all teary eyed when I heard that. I wish I could have been up there, but I had to start teaching those 3rd graders! Britton loved being up there and he had some really spiritual experiences. Thanks honey for being so brave to go without me. I'm glad you had fun!



Sorry...the movie of the song is having a hard time uploading. I will keep trying to post it.

No comments: